Sunday, January 25, 2009

My new and Improved Blog

Thanks to Jessalyn making fun of it, I have decided to improve my blog. It now has a new layout, title and I have added pictures.

I hope you like my video. It is the first of many to come. We went to a cemetery- which was like my favorite thing so far. I know that is creepy but it was soo cool! And it was really pretty. I was kind of mad when they made us leave because I wanted to keep looking at everything.

Also, this awesome cemetery is right on the coast so we got to see a cool view of the ocean.
Then our tour bus took us to the "mountain" that Montevideo is named after. But its not really a mountain. its not even that big of a hill... but there was a military fort on top of it so that was cool. and these precious Uruguayan boys were there.Later that night we got to go to a "football" game with the youth group. i love them! its kind of funny because they don't speak english and I dont speak spanish, but somehow we had a lot of fun. I sat next to Mathias, who is a precious lamb. The game was Nacional(Uruguay) vs. some Brazil team. Brazil totally creamed Uruguay- it was funny. And the fans were crazy!
So I actually spent most of this weekend doing my homework. On friday, Steph and I went to the beach and brought our books to read while we laid out. Funny story- I kind of missed part of my leg when I was putting sunscreen on so I got an awkward burn on part of my leg. But sunday was fun. After church I went back to the market and I bought some more movies... including Defiance- which I haven't watched yet but it is in English so im excited.

We had an "asado" with out Uruguayan youth group friends on the roof of casa ACU. It was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment